If you’ve spent any time around me in the last 4 months, you know I have SIBO, you know I can’t eat, like, anything I love and you know it is all I can think, talk, and dream about because ME + FOOD = LOVE AFFAIR.
Letting that love affair fizzle was so not an option, so I’ve been experimenting in the kitchen with paleo, keto, SCD, SIBO-Specific, AIP-friendly, vegan, allergen-friendly recipes, crafting them into the best versions of my old favorites so I can continue on with regularly scheduled programming.
It hasn’t been easy, but challenging myself to create new + exciting recipes has been such a joy. As I create and perfect I want to share with you, fellow special-diet-needing humans, in efforts to help continue to grow our community and offer up options that we may otherwise be lacking. Sure, maybe we can’t go out to brunch as much as we’d like to (if ever at all), but we can certainly bring the party to our homes and what better way to start that party than with some perfectly crisp, yet fluffy waffles?! I know I can’t think of anything better than that.
Three Ingredient Pancakes/Waffles
*Makes 8 pancakes or 4 waffles
2 Bananas (yellow works fine, does not need to be browning – especially to keep sugars low)
3/4 – 1c Peanut Butter or Nut/Seed Butter of your choice
3 Large Eggs
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla
1. Pre-heat oven to 250 + put small cookie sheet in oven. Pre-heat and grease waffle iron.
2. Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl until all chunks are gone. Add in nut butter + continue to mix until creamy.
3. Beat 3 eggs, cinnamon, vanilla in small mixing bowl.
4. Add egg mixture to nut butter/banana mixture and whisk until smooth batter forms.
5. Pour mixture into pre-heated greased pan or waffle iron.
6. Toss pancakes/waffle in the oven to stay warm until you are ready to eat.